- On Saturday, April 9, the Vancouver Observer did a story on comedian David Granirer, founder of Stand Up to Mental Health.
- On Monday, April 11, the Toronto Star reported on the appointment of Pat Capponi, a woman living openly with mental illness, to the Ontario Consent and Capacity Board.
- Also on Monday, The Province reported on Amanda Schell, a recipient of the Courage to Come Back Awards.
- On Tuesday, April 12, the London Free Press reported on renewed funding for a study examining the relationship between poverty and mental illness.
- On Thursday, April 14, the Ottawa EMC reported on the launch of CHEO’s 2011 “Let’s Keep Kids out of Hospital” awards, recognizing teachers, volunteers, coaches, and social workers, who work to prevent injury and illness in children and youth.
Do you have more mental health news to share? Post your links below!
You can also share news on the Face it: Mental Illness Awareness Facebook Page.